N-methylpyrrolidone (NMP) is a colorless to slightly yellow liquid, with a faint amine odor. NMP is miscible with water and conventional organic solvents.
For higher end, low impurity level applications:
· lithium ion batteries
· wafer degreasing
· photoresist stripper
· coating developer
· epoxy deflashing
200kgs plastic or iron drum.
Care should be used when handling NMP. Skin contact should be avoided. Contact can result in irritation; prolonged contact can result in redness and dermatitis. Butylrubber or FEP Teflon gloves are recommended when handling NMP. A good skincream should be used after washing the affected area. As with all solvents, the workplace should be well ventilated and safety goggles must be worn.
STORAGE & HANDLING：
NMP has an almost unlimited shelf life in sealed containers when properly stored in a protected storage area in original unopened containers or protected from moisture. It is neither explosive nor spontaneously flammable in air. However, it is combustible. When ignited, NMP will sustain a fire. All types of fire extinguishers are effective against NMP fires.